Inner Peace and tranquility, is a state, in which a person is at complete ease with his body, mind and soul. It is because the person feels strong emotionally, mentally and physically, whatever the situation he may face.
I have been wondering whether I have what they call, Inner Peace.
I was reading somewhere that there are a few indicators that are a guide to inner peace. Lets take a look at them.
- Inner peace improves your ability to concentrate- My ability to concentrate is like that of a baby. 4 seconds max. so, No.
- It improves ability to handle daily affairs of life- I don’t know. I don’t think so.
- It increases your inner strength and power- Not me. Am tired, cranky most times, and usually, I just want to glide over the middle part and get to the end of things.
- It eliminates impatience, anger, nervousness and restlessness- a big No! I am hugely impatient, as must have been ascertained from the previous point. Yes, I am driven up the wall by a lot of stupid things. I get really nervous. Anyone who has read my earlier post about the Hills must have known this. And yes, I believe, Restlessness comes from impatience and nervousness. So, we can cross this out too.
- It eliminates stress, anxieties and worries- WooHoo! what a massive “NON” to this! Am totally stressed out, I worry a lot and with stress and worry comes anxiousness. This point can be completely scratched out from my list!
- Being mentally and emotionally calm contributes to improved sleep- Absolutely not. I wake up, every morning, as tired as I was the night before, when i slept. So, in all probability, I am not sleeping very well.
- Inner peace eliminates negative, futile and restless thinking- I think a lot, and yes, i have to admit, that all is not very positive all the time. If I really was at peace with my inner self, would these negative thoughts have occurred?
- It brings inner happiness and bliss and relaxes the body and nerves- How is that even possible with me?
Well, we have, rather I have realized, contrary to my previous belief, that I am not even close to any sort of inner peace with myself. Hence, the stress, the restlessness, the irritability and the monotony.
Some say, dancing helps release the negative energy in the body. And that it leads to a sense of peace with ourselves. Idiots.
Others tell me to quiet my mind, not think. But, how is that possible? How can I stop thinking? My brain is a torrent of relentless thoughts, minimum 1001 in number, to be precise. Some stay, some just waft by.
Took a weekend break sometime ago, but that did’nt help. At all.
So, it is quite clear that Inner Peace and Myself, are not very good buddies, after all.
So, I sat down, and did some assessment of the options. And I found the answer in Gaming. Soccer manager games, to be precise. (Because I still haven’t earned enough money to but the PS3- Sony 45″ HDTV combo to play graphically intensive games). Or, Music. Or Top Gear. Gaming, probably because I am doing a Gaming feature for my magazine. Music, because it has always been a soul calmer for me, sort of. And Top Gear, because the next series returns in October.