Just days back, Sony finally unveiled the much awaited and equally much speculated Xperia Z, but with incomplete details. What the company did not announce was the price of the phone, and the availability timelines were given as a rough idea.
However, U.K. retailer Clove has now put the Xperia Z up for pre-orders. The listed price of the phone is £440 + VAT (if applicable) which comes to £528 inclusive of VAT. The retailer also mentions on their blog that the first stocks are expected on 1st March 2013, and shipping will begin soon after.
Just to refresh your memory, here are some of the major specifications of the Sony Xperia Z:
- Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core 1.5GHz processor
- 2GB RAM
- 5-inch 1080 x 1920 full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 13 MP fast capture camera with Exmor RS for mobile & HDR video
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass display
- 16GB internal memory
- MicroSD slot
- PlayStation Certified
- Wi-Fi and 3G
- 4G/LTE (Subject to network & software version)
If we directly convert the £440 price tag into INR (conversion rate set at 1 INR = 85 GBP), the price works out to Rs. 37,400. Adding local taxes and profit margins, we expect the box price in the Indian market just upwards of Rs. 40,000, and the inevitable “Best Buy” price around Rs 39900. We expect Sony to announce the official India pricing soon.
Original Link: THINKDIGIT.COM